According to the 2016 Republican Platform the GOP is prepared to set aside many of the measures to protect the environment and our health. The folk at Grist have captured the environmental highlights of the platform that can be further summarized as:
- Cancel the Clean Power Plan
- Build the Keystone XL pipeline and more like it.
- Kill federal fracking regulations.
- Oppose any carbon tax.
- Expedite export terminals for liquefied natural gas.
- Abolish the EPA as we know it.
- Forbid the EPA to regulate carbon dioxide.
- Turn federal lands over to states
- Revoke the ability of the president to designate national monuments.
- Halt funding for the U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Previous post Pittsburghers Joined the Clean Energy March in Philadelphia »