Gov. Corbett’s silence on the status of a moratorium on further leasing of State Forest land for Marcellus drilling is making sportsmen and environmentalists nervous. Forestry officials need to hear from you – let them know that leasing 700,000 acres is already enough, and express YOUR concerns (see below).
ACTION. Please E-mail DCNR Rick Allan at rjallan at pa.gov, copy State Forester ddevlin at pa.gov along with your State Representative and Senator.
Some concerns regarding drilling on State Forest lands.
- Diminished quality of streams and rivers in watersheds.
- Wildlife affected by fragmentation of forests.
- Loss of income for tourist industry.
- Impact on air quality in wild areas.
- Intrusion of road systems.
- Danger of spills from pipelines.
- Noise pollution from truck traffic.
- Etc., etc.